I was kind of convicted today over something my 5 year old said to me the other day and I was overcome with pride that this was in fact MY child saying it.
I had been talking to my 5 year old over and over again to get ready for school, stop messing around... you know, the usual stuff. I had told him, "if you don't start listening to my instructions, I am going to send you to your room until you are ready to listen." So, 5 minutes later he still wasn't listening so what did I do? I followed through. He went to his room. I was kind of worried because I didn't hear any moaning or belly aching about it. I let him go and I answered a phone call.
Well, after about 10 minutes, I was still on the phone and then noticed his bedroom door was closed and I heard the vacuum going. I went back and knocked on the door and he told me not to come in. I figured he was vacuuming his room so I wasn't about to tell him to stop. I walked away and went in to start making lunch.
After a few minutes he came out and asked me to come back to his room. I walked back there and entered the boys' room, and there he stood with this huge grin on his face and he was so excited! He said "look... I cleaned up my room and I vacuumed!" I gave him the praise he deserved and then he looked at me and said, "mommy, I did all of this to serve God."
How awesome is THAT?! something is going right in my life right now... and this little boy is living proof. Praise to the man upstairs....
No comments:
Post a Comment